FIXED TERM: 24 MONTHS
Purpose of Position:
The Position will serve as a single window for collecting, producing, and disseminating information, knowledge, and data on the agriculture insurance scheme. Running of day-to-day operational activities related to the agriculture insurance scheme as well as Profit & Loss responsibility, product management, administration of distribution channels, and people management.
Key Performance Areas:
- Oversee and direct performance of regional coordinators;
- Design and implement key performance metrics (set individual targets) for outreach partners and coordinators;
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients; channel partners and stakeholders;
- Utilize systems to manage agricultural insurance functions, analysis, and documentation;
- In coordination with NASRIA head office, support regional coordinators in preparation of Service Level Agreement (SLA)agreements for implementing agencies;
- Support in the implementation of and effective marketing and education strategy;
- Lead monthly business review meetings with regional coordinators and channel partners;
- Design innovative strategies in consultation with all key stakeholders to ensure higher participation of farmers into the scheme;
- Conduct stakeholder meetings with all participating institutions, to review progress, challenges and to agree with mid-course process or strategy corrections;
- Project implementation and monitoring timeously through provision of progress reports and monthly updates on scheme performance and field activities;
- Conduct thorough risk assessments and timely vendor evaluation based on data driven conclusions;
- Help with budgeting, forecasting; performance analysis; financial (reinsurance) reports and measurements;
Grade 12, with an Agricultural Degree and or equivalent; Valid driver’s license;
Required Experience/Knowledge & Skills:
At least 7–10 Supervisory level experience with added advantage of agronomy, Prior experience in providing financial services to the agricultural sector, stakeholder management, ability to work in team dynamics, ability to meet targets & deadlines, skills in coaching added advantage, computer literacy essential (Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Teams, Zoom, Google meet etc.), excellent verbal and written communication proficiency and interpersonal relationship skills, Insurance background will be an added advantage; able and willing to travel as required.
Conceptual thinking, planning & organising, persuasiveness, assertiveness, organisational awareness,
problem Solving, Analysis and decision-making insight, professional image and grooming, excellent customer services, results orientated, data rational, ability to work independently and under pressure.
Closing date: 02 September 2022 @17h00: Apply now!
Applications who meet the above requirements are invited to submit applications and relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
No documents will be returned.