Purpose of Position
The primary purpose of this role is to analyze insurance proposals, advice on policy terms, provide quotations and calculate premiums in accordance with set limits. Responsible for underwriting pf all products relating to new business, renewals, endorsements and cancellations. Ensure overall effective underwriting complying with all statutory requirements.
Key Perfomance Areas:
- Underwriting of short-term insurance products.
- Liaise with Agents/Brokers and Insurers on all underwriting administrative functions.
- Issuing of no-quotes relating to NAMFISA dispensation requirements.
- Processing and follow-up of unpaid debit order premiums.
- Liaise with Finance department relating to premium enquiries.
- Ensure the overall effective and efficient administration of the underwriting function complies with all regulations of the insurance industry and underwriting requirements.
Education / Qualifications:
- At least 4-5 years’ relevant work experience in the short-term insurance industry.
- Excellent insurance underwriting skills.
- A good understanding of policies and procedures governing the Insurance Industry.
- Competent user of the MS Office applications and other relevant insurance systems and applications.
- Analytical, decisive and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and able to plan and organize.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and must function effectively under pressure.
- Be a team player with sound business relationships, support and actively participate in, and contribute to any team initiatives.
- Technical underwriting knowledge or any related short-term knowledge will be an advantage.
Application who meet the above requirements are invited to submitted applications and relevant documents to email@example.com, or use the form below to submit your application.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
No documents will be returned.